Have you asked yourself, “What is faith and how do I know if I have it?”
So often we confuse faith with feelings and when we do that, we’re in trouble.
Faith is a steady belief in Christ and the work of salvation he accomplished on the cross for you.
Feelings, on the other hand, change like the weather. One minute you’re happy, the next you’re upset.
1) Your spiritual life is a work of God. You didn’t produce it and you don’t maintain it. See Ephesians 2: 8-10
2) Faith is your spiritual DNA. Abraham is your father by faith and you inherit all his promises. See 1 John 3:9
3) Faith is life from the dead. God’s work in you, not what you do for God. If you think you roused yourself from the dead I’d like to talk to you! See Ephesians 2: 1-4
4) Faith sees beyond what is seen physically to the unseen that’s coming. And what’s coming defies imagination. See Hebrews 11:1
5) Faith is strengthened by your trials. Nobody is exempt. Examples abound: Abraham and Sarah without a child, Hannah without a son, Moses delivering the Israelites from Egypt, Esther interceding for her people, David fighting Goliath, Daniel in the lion’s den, and Mary pregnant before marriage. See Genesis 17:15-21; Genesis 14; Esther 4: 13-17; 1 Samuel 17; Daniel 6; Matthew 1:18-25.
6) Faith glorifies God. It pleases God to strengthen your faith. See Romans 5:1-5
7) Faith justifies sinners. It’s the only means by which you can be saved. See Romans 4:5
No matter what you’re facing right now, know that God has his hand on you, he sees you, knows your every circumstance, and you can rely on him to take you through your trials just like he did Abraham, Moses, Esther, David, Daniel and Mary.
They were in good hands and so are you.
Talk to me.