All world religions, no matter which one, have three words in common:
Get to work.
That is very bad news.
It means the responsibility is entirely on you to appease the god, to win his approval, to satisfy his demands.
And the worst news of all is:
You never know if you’re doing enough.
You have no confidence, no peace, no rest in your own work because you know it’s not perfect.
And the deity doesn’t help you either.
In fact, he’s silent.
In contrast, the gospel is utterly unique.
Christ’s three words are:
It is finished.
What is finished?
Everything you need in order to be reconciled to God the Father.
That is Good News!
1) Christ paid for all your sins so you could be forgiven. All your sins – the ones yesterday, the ones today, and the ones you’ll do tomorrow.
2) Christ appeased God’s wrath by becoming the sacrifice to atone for your sins.
3) Christ closed the enormous gap between you and God so now you have a Heavenly Father.
4) Christ, with his own life, paid for all your disobedience, transgressions, deliberate and unintentional sins, unbelief, and willful denial of God.
5) Christ satisfied God’s law by dying a death you should have died.
6) Christ paid the debt you owed God. You are now free from it.
Christ is the only true solution for your sin problem.
He did it all.
The job is done.
Why would you ever want to settle for anything else?