There is a lot of advice out there for singles who are lonely and wish they had a spouse.
Some of it goes like this:
1. stop wanting to be married and then God will give it to you
2. devote yourself to God and you’ll be so exhausted doing kingdom work you won’t have time to think about it
3. lower your expectations of a perfect spouse
Have you noticed what’s missing?
How does the gospel apply to singleness?
In every way.
1. Jesus was single. He understands.
2. You are not alone. Jesus is closer to you than a husband.
3. You’re really not single. Romans 7:4 says you are married to Christ.
One day, in the resurrection, there will be the marriage supper of the Lamb. Now that’s a destination wedding if there ever was one!
And you are the bride!
So if you think you’re missing out, you’re not.
You will have a wedding. And a party that far exceeds your wildest imagination!